My favourite way to eat fish, ceviche (or seviche) is a great summer dish which is easy to make, fresh and full of flavour.
INGREDIENTS - serves 6
- 425g fish - defrosted if frozen & diced
- 3/4 lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber (diced)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 3/4 small red onion (finely diced)
- 1-2 red chilli (finely chopped)
- 4-5Tbs coconut cream or milk
- coriander (cilantro) chopped
- fish sauce or salt
- Cut fishinto small pieces and finely dice all other ingredients.
- Combine fish and lemon or lime juice in a bowl. Cover and leave to marinate in fridge for 10 minutes. Fish should look opaque and white in colour..
- Drain fish and reserve juice.
- Mix fish with all other ingredients and a few tablespoons of marinating juice to taste.
- Season with salt or fish sauce to taste
- Tags: Recipes
- Luke Darby