Suited more to frozen or smoked fish - nothing beats a fish pie on a cold winters day.
INGREDIENTS - serves 6
- 500g fish - defrosted if frozen & diced
- 3 kumara
- 120g potatoes
- 100g butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup fish stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 cups frozen vegetables
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1/2 cup water ( to mix with cornflour )
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Peel and dice kumura and potato and boil in slightly salted water for 20 min.
Drain and mash. Set aside.
- Saute onion in butter. Add milk. Cream. Stock. Veges and simmer.
Mix in cornflour to thicken to a smooth sauce.
Add fish and cook for a further 3-4 mins.
Lastly, add chopped parsley.
- Put mixture in a baking dish and top with mash.
Bake for approx. 25 min until golden brown.
- Tags: Recipes
- Anthony Soons